The University of Saint Francis offers counseling services for enrolled students at no charge. Students sometimes encounter personal issues or challenges for which they need assistance.
Counseling is private and confidential. Call the Office of Student Life 260.399.8100 to set up a counseling session. USF Crown Point students may call 219.662.3730 or 800.747.7262.
Sexual Harassment/Sexual Assault and Rape/Date Rape
Vice President of Student Life Don Appiarius is the contact person for informal discussions concerning sexual harassment or to make a formal or informal harassment or sexual harassment complaint (260.399.7700 X6745; firstname.lastname@example.org).
|Allen County Prosecutor’s Office
Domestic Violence Complaints, Victim’s Assistance
|Child Advocacy Center||260.407.5437|
|Crime Victim Care of Allen County||260.452.7640|
|Fort Wayne Sexual Assault Treatment Center||260.423.2222|
|Fort Wayne Women’s Bureau
Rape Awareness Program (Carol Preston)
|YWCA Outreach & Education Services||260.424.4908|
|YWCA Women’s Shelter||260.447.7233|
Community-Based Services & Outpatient Counseling
|Center for Non-Violence:
Men, Women, & Youth Programs
|Children in the Middle (Right Relations, Inc.)||260.436.7578|
|Crossroads – Outpatient Therapy||260.484.4153|
|Life Management Center, Inc.||260.437.1584|
|Park Center – Outpatient Services||260.481.2700|
|Parkview Behavioral Health||260.373.7500|
|St. Joseph Behavioral Health||260.425.3606|
Mental Health Counseling
Mental health counseling is available from the providers listed below. You may also contact the Office of Student Life for help setting up free counseling services at an agency in the community. Contact the Office of Student Life at 260.399.8100 or email@example.com.
800.733.5631 (24-hour crisis line)
|Family & Children’s Services||260.744.4326|
|Lutheran Social Services||260.426.3347|
|Samaritan Counseling Center||260.422.8556|
- Learn about anxiety disorders and how to get help.
- Find out what the signs are for anxiety disorders
- College Students & Anxiety
- Take a confidential depression-screening test sponsored by the National Mental Health Association (NMHA).
- Obtain resources for College Mental Health.
- Take a depression test.
- Learn more about depression (definition, types, symptoms, causes, help and treatment)
- Read about depression and college students.
- Learn about depression from the Mayo Clinic.
- 11 Warning Signs of Depression
- Learn about Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa and Binge Eating Disorder.
- Get information about eating disorders from MEDA.
- Answer this eating disorder questionnaire to find out if you could have an eating disorder.
- Refer to this list of affirmations if you struggle with an eating disorder.
- Know the signs and symptoms of Anorexia, Bulimia, Compulsive Overeating and Binge Eating Disorder.
- Obtain resources for eating disorders.
- Contact Eating Disorders Anonymous.
- Learn how to help a friend who cuts.