The University of Saint Francis offers counseling services for enrolled students at no charge. Students sometimes encounter personal issues or challenges for which they need assistance.
Counseling is private and confidential. Fort Wayne students may call the Student Assistance Program at 800-721-8809 or 260-266-8060 to set up a counseling session. Walk-ins are also accepted during normal office hours at 1516 Leesburg Road, across from Doermer Health Sciences building. USF Crown Point students may call 219.662.3730 or 800.747.7262. If there are questions about counseling services, call Student Affairs at 260.399.8100.
Sexual Harassment/Sexual Assault and Rape/Date Rape
Vice President for Student Affairs, Dan S. Soller, is the contact person for informal discussions concerning sexual harassment or to make a formal or informal harassment or sexual harassment complaint (260.399.7700 X6745; firstname.lastname@example.org).
|Allen County Prosecutor’s Office
Domestic Violence Complaints, Victim’s Assistance
|Child Advocacy Center||260.407.5437|
|Crime Victim Care of Allen County||260.452.7640|
|Fort Wayne Sexual Assault Treatment Center||260.423.2222|
|Fort Wayne Women’s Bureau
Rape Awareness Program
|YWCA Outreach & Education Services||260.424.4908|
|YWCA Women’s Shelter||260.447.7233|
Community-Based Services & Outpatient Counseling
|Center for Non-Violence:
Men, Women, & Youth Programs
|Children in the Middle (Right Relations, Inc.)||260.436.7578|
|Crossroads – Outpatient Therapy||260.484.4153|
|Life Management Center, Inc.||260.437.1584|
|Park Center – Outpatient Services||260.481.2700|
|Parkview Behavioral Health||260.373.7500|
|St. Joseph Behavioral Health||260.425.3606|
Mental Health Counseling
Mental health counseling is available from the providers listed below. A counselor is on the Fort Wayne campus at the USF Health & Wellness Center. Appointments may be scheduled through Cougar Connection; walk-ins are also welcome.
Crown Point students may call 219-662-3730 to schedule an appointment.
For additional information, contact the Office of Student Affairs at 260.399.8100. For emergencies, please call 911.
800.733.5631 (24-hour crisis line)
|USF Health & Wellness Center||260.266.8060 or 800.721.8809|
|Family & Children’s Services||260.744.4326|
|Lutheran Social Services||260.426.3347|
|Samaritan Counseling Center||260.422.8556|
- Learn about anxiety disorders and how to get help.
- Anxiety symptoms
- Anxiety and Depression in College Students
- Obtain resources for College Mental Health.
- Lookup Indiana mental health resources
- Take a depression test.
- Learn more about depression (definition, types, symptoms, causes, help and treatment)
- Read about depression and college students.
- Holidays and Depression
- Learn about depression from the Mayo Clinic.
- 11 Warning Signs of Depression
- Learn about Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa and Binge Eating Disorder.
- Get information about eating disorders from MEDA.
- Know the signs and symptoms of Anorexia, Bulimia, Compulsive Overeating and Binge Eating Disorder.
- Obtain resources for eating disorders.
- Contact Eating Disorders Anonymous.
- Learn how to help a friend who cuts.
- Understand suicide, including facts and figures, risk factors, warning signs, what to do, what resources are available and more.
- Know suicide warning signs to watch for.
- Obtain a suicide/mental illness resource list for students.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or suicidepreventionlifeline.org